Friday, May 27

2nd opinion

I really wanted a closure regarding our pregnancy today so I could move on and try to conceive again sooner.

I decided this time God would help me choose a Gynae. Called up Thomson Women's Clinic (SengKang) but Dr Adrien could only see me from 5.30pm onwards. I was doing it without hubby's knowledge so that timing was definitely unsuitable. Tried Dr Michele Lee from TWC (AMK) and she was available at 11am! I quickly changed and went AMK Hub.

Dr Michele Lee was nice. She asked about my history and proceeded to do a transvaginal ultrasound scan (not the most comfortable feeling on earth). The gestation sac measured 11.17mm, 5weeks 1 day old.


If you read my earlier post, the gestation sac was 6 week 2 days old. While I didn't mention this to Dr Michele, but she addressed the shrinking size, stating that 2mm off was not a real concern.

Upon seeing the empty sac, I was convinced this pregnancy was not viable. So I asked consulted more about miscarriage. Found out that D&C would set us back by about $1200 - $1500. Since my spotting progressed to light period bleeding, I asked about induced miscarriage so I could end the chapter nicely before I go on our Australia trip.

Guess what? She didn't want to administer. Not until she was utterly convinced that this pregnancy would fail. My blood was drawn again (3rd time in a week) for another round of Beta hCG test to see if it was dropping, another one scheduled on 31 May.

I was so convinced I'm going to miscarry I bought cheap panty liners and sanitary pads on my way home.

Guess what again? Nurse just called me to say my levels rose to 30000 and asked me to pop by tomorrow to get pills to stabilise pregnancy. Now I have to spill the beans!

Dear hubby, please don't get mad at me for seeing Dr Michele without you. I know you will still love me the same, or more!

No matter what outcome, I just need to know we've done our very best for our unborn child.

No comments:

Post a Comment