Friday, May 1

Brainy Juniors Kindergarten (2015 Term 2)

We are so glad that Colin enjoys his school. The school fees may not be the cheapest but definitely worth our money! I chose this school mainly cause it was closest to my parents' place (which also meant savings on school bus/ transport!).

I like the curriculum cause there's GymKidz programme for the active little one, music lessons and lots of crafting time apart from the normal language and literacy (Engilsh: Victoria Carlton Literacy Programme - Jolly Phonics/Grammar, Chinese:乐中学) classes. Colin comes home singing new songs, dancing happily and bugging me to do painting/anything hands on with him. That's a good sign right? :D

Curriculum aside, the teachers are very dedicated and caring (probably a result of the low student:teacher ratio). They will email me to ask if Colin was okay when he was absent from class for long period. The teachers were the first one to inform us when Colin is 'heaty' or had ulcers in his mouth. I remember I didn't plan to accompany Colin for his first lesson since he will stick to me like forever.. but the principal advised me to stay on so he would be able to settle down emotionally. Glad I did cause it took him only slightly more than a week to settle down in school; no fussing at the entrance when we drop him off for class. :) I liked how his teachers were able to handle him peacefully instead of raising their voices.

The thing I love most is seeing pictures of what's happening in class! :D So this is him doing his stuff in school!

Colin was able to tell me that he played xylophone! I was trying to figure out what this was?! hah

His class has 11-12 students. :)

Matching letters to pictures.

Tracing!

No comments:

Post a Comment