Saturday, June 4

The M day

I was spotting and bleeding into the miscarriage since 17 May. What happened today was most 'exciting'.

We went for review after my 4th Beta hCG test. Dr Michele said the levels dropped, did a Transvaginal ultrasound scan and noticed the gestation sac was low and near the exit of the womb, which meant the miscarriage was going to happen soon. She was pushing for D&C in the evening, sharing her worries that I might have complications (excessive bleeding etc) during the 7hr no medical assistance flight to Sydney next morning. Hubs was probably on the D&C side too but he respected my decision to go all natural. I had a really good feeling about the whole thing.

After the appointment, we bought tickets for 8pm X-Men First Class. During our dinner, my tummy felt funny. Not exactly cramps, just a little sore feeling? I shelved that feeling aside. During the movie, light cramps came and went. Each wave lasted about 1-3mins, then went away for 5-20mins. Thank goodness the show was awesome to distract that little discomfort.

Halfway into the show, I felt a gush of liquid (what else other than blood?) coming out, and another one shortly after. Nearing the end of the show, another gush. The sanitary pad felt heavy as we strolled to the toilet after the show (I didn't mention anything to him during the walk). The level 3 ladies was too packed, I waited for him to return from the gents before heading to level 2 toilet.

The first half-palm sized liver looking clot came out with a little push as I pee-ed. It was then I realised the miscarriage finally began. We hurried home in case things got worse.

The cramps intensified when we got home, another large clot came out, along with a lot of blood. For the next 4 hours, I kept running to the toilet to discharge small to medium clots, along with ever-flowing blood, all these happened while I was trying to pack for our trip to Australia. Consumption of painkillers was put on hold cause I hated chewing tablets. But If finally gave in at around 2am when the cramps started to pierce and I wasn't sure where it was progressing to. Said a little prayer for smooth miscarriage and a safe flight, then went to bed with the already snoring hubs.

4 Jun morning, I woke up at 6am to get ready for my flight. I was thinking there must be many clots to be discharged during my sleep hours. So I tried to push while peeing and a huge clot came out! A clot like no other; It was red liver looking with greyish tissues - just like how the others described the POC. I made hubs see it. haha. The bleeding reduced significantly immediately after that discharge. God is good. :) My flight was a safe and pleasant one - no cramps, little bleeding, feeling normal, as if nothing happened.

I know this whole episode sounds crazy to some. Packing for 2 while going through a miscarriage and flying off the next day with unknown possibilities (more bad than good). My hubs told me: "I will never forgive myself if anything happens to you before I fly to Australia to meet up with you". It was a little emotional episode but it strengthened our relationship. I'm blessed with a very trusting and supportive husband. :D

Sidetracking to kam's Y-logic: Previously I was telling hubs that God must have inserted this experience cause He found our relationship getting a little boring since we haven't been bickering for a long while. So we should bicker more. hahaha.

All right, it is time for us to move on. :)

1 comment:

  1. well, they always say, if a couple dun quarrel means it's the end of it.

    anyway, glad to hear that you are all safe.

    ReplyDelete