Wednesday, June 17

ECV by Dr Paul Tseng

Brought Colin to meet Louise via ultrasound scan at gynae's today.

Dr Paul Tseng usually don't scan towards the end of the pregnancy cause the appointments were just 1 week apart and really, there isn't much to see anyway.
But because Colin  was around, we decided to scan... only to find out that this little Louise managed to somersault in my tummy and got her head up against my ribs after 2 weeks of being head down! Her weight is quite impressive too @ 3.4kg (39 weeks). Her heartbeat was much faster time @ 160+. Her usual was 140+. I told hubs it's  because this girl knows she's gonna get caught for going back to breech position.

Dr Paul immediately check the location of everything (placenta, umbilical cord, baby position) and performed a External Cephalic Version (ECV) before I could ask "What's next?". He told me to inform him if it was too painful to bear. It did hurt, but bearable.. more like discomfort than anything else. At some point it was ticklish. :P He scanned again to confirm the location of head when done, and also listened to the heartbeat to ensure no distress. Cool.

I seriously recommend him to anyone who is pro-natural. Best Dr ever!!

The scales for me read 68.9kg.. My weight gain so far is almost 20kg.. where did all weight come from?!

No comments:

Post a Comment