Sunday, August 10

Brainy Juniors Kindergarten (2014 Term 3)

Colin started school again after a few months break from childcare. He's attending 2.5hr playgroup @ Brainy Junior's Kindergarten. I picked this school because it's close to my parent's place. :D It is so difficult to find a preschool in Singapore. I had to place Colin on the waiting list for a few months to get in.

I wasn't planning to accompany him for class on the first day but he kept crying for me so the teacher advised me to accompany him to prevent emotional stress in a new environment.

A typical day in school goes like this:
Play time while waiting for class to start
Assembly
English Lesson
Morning snack
Art & craft
Chinese lesson
Story time
Go home

Here are some of the pictures of him in school. :D
First week in school


National Day celebration
What I really liked about the school was the low teacher-student ratio of 1:7. When I was there, there were 2 teachers to a class of 7. The maximum class size is 10 from nursery to kindergarten 2. Apart from that, there will be music classes from nursery 1 onwards. I heard they received an award from Parents' World Magazine's “Best of the Best Preschools Award 2014” for best in Integrated Learning.

Colin was able settle down pretty fast and is coping well health wise. He has been singing songs he learnt from school! Hope he likes school. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment